ChannelAdvisor Shopify Integration Overview
Whether you’re looking to expand across marketplaces, internationally or want to maximize sales and get ahead of the
competition, the Shopify Amplifier will ensure you’re scaling with ease and performing at your best.
Many of our customers who use the Shopify Amplifier are businesses who already have a presence on marketplaces such as Amazon or eBay but now want to be able to launch their own Shopify store to complement this. It’s also a great strategy for bigger businesses who, as part of their overall strategy, want to launch with Shopify.
Prefer the PDF version? Download the Shopify Integration Overview here.
Why Use the Shopify Webstore with ChannelAdvisor?
- Automatically manage product details and stock levels across many channels, including your Shopify store.
- Standardize order fulfillment processes by receiving order details, updating shipping tracking information and even issuing refunds for your Shopify orders along with all your marketplace orders.
- Juggle inventory across marketplaces and your Shopify store.
- Seamlessly use Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) with orders from marketplaces or Shopify.
- Easily add a new specialty site or a webstore in a new locale while maintaining control of your inventory and orders in ChannelAdvisor.
- Open a webstore on a platform that is easy to use and easy to expand.
Features of the ChannelAdvisor Shopify Integration
- Pick which products you want to send to your Shopify Webstore.
- Monitor GMV, top-selling products and orders requiring shipping through the Webstore Dashboard.
- ChannelAdvisor creates and updates both product and product variation details on the Shopify Storefront approximately every hour.
- ChannelAdvisor updates the stock levels for items on Shopify based on Inventory Juggler rules setup in ChannelAdvisor.
- All Shopify order details automatically import into ChannelAdvisor every 15 minutes, updating inventory stock levels for use on all other channels.
- Shipment tracking information that is uploaded into ChannelAdvisor is automatically updated in Shopify.
- Shopify orders that are canceled in ChannelAdvisor are canceled on the Shopify store.
- Orders refunded in ChannelAdvisor will be refunded on Shopify.
Important Notes about the Integration
- The ChannelAdvisor Shopify integration supports Smart Collections on Shopify. It does not assign products to “manual” collections.
- ChannelAdvisor only imports orders that are paid. In Shopify, the related checkout behavior is determined by the Settings > Checkout > After an order has been placed setting. Once the credit card has been charged, ChannelAdvisor will import the order.
- SKU Cap – 250,000 SKUs on label.
- Variation limit – 99 variations per parent.
- ChannelAdvisor sends product data, we cannot import product data from Shopify with a “magic” button. This is key in sellers who are existing sellers.
- Cannot host images with Shopify: Images have to be hosted with ChannelAdvisor or another third party.