While on Twitter, for eBay’s Analyst day, I started to receive tweets from sellers reading/following and tweeting. They wanted to ask questions via analysts. I was able to gather those and pass them on to some of the buy+sell side folks that I knew attended. It’s an interesting wish and worth publishing:
- How much will advertising be growing from the eBay site – what amount of real estate does that represent and GMV cannibalization
- Who does eBay think of as their customer – if they had to pick one of seller/buyer/shareholder
- Does ebay plan to have any new protections against fraudulent buyers – will sellers have to pay for this?
- Are you focused on secondary or primary (diamond) – we are confused.
- If trust is so important – why does eBay continue to not implement verification of buyers and sellers?
- Does eBay give preferential treatment to large diamond sellers with better economics and the removal of negatives/low dsrs?
- eBay keeps saying that selection has never been better, but as sellers we are seeing the lowest selection in categories like shoes, golf, etc. How does eBay reconcile that?
- Why is Griff the only one that will talk to small sellers now? (does eBay hate small sellers now?)
- If sellers with 4.8+ DSRs are ‘trusted sellers’, what are those with lower than 4.8? Why not kick them off the site? (that one is mine)
- If 2011 is when we will grow again, how will you get all of the buyers that leave over the next two years?
- If UPC and catalogueueues are where eBay is going, how can vintage sellers stay on the site (and why).
SeekingAlpha disclosure – I am long google and Amazon