This week I’ll be doing some live blogging from our UK event – Catalyst UK. I always enjoy seeing what’s up in e-commerce in the UK as they are not only the largest e-commerce country in the EU, but there are some amazing stats:
- 54% of Brits shop online (the highest penetration of EU+US)
- Brits spend more on average/yr (£770/yr)
Also as long-time eBayers know, eBay has gotten into the habit of releasing changes in the UK and DE first and then moving them to the US, so being here is like seeing a year into eBay’s future in many ways.
We have quite a line up of speakers including:
- eBay – Jody Ford is eBay UK’s Senior Director of Selling. Jody will be updating everyone on what’s new with eBay.
- Amazon – Matt Henderson is Director of Merchant Services and he’ll be updating us on Amazon’s plans for the coming year in the UK.
- Google – Martin Bertisen from Google will be updating us on their e-commerce initiatives.
- Much much more – we have tons of retailers like Speedo, Office Max, Plumbworld, Hut, etc. that will be sharing their best practices and UK e-commerce experiences.
I’ll try and do some live blogging, but will save most of the observations for the plane ride back home. In the meantime, I’m sure the folks from Tamebay (UK’s top eBay blog) will be filling you in on the action and you can follow them here.
SeekingAlpha Disclosure – I am long Amazon and Google. eBay is an investor in ChannelAdvisor where I am CEO.