This am in Boston, Stephanie Tilenius, GM of eBay North America, gave a short keynote to over 4000 retailers. I attended and captured the following notes in outline format. Here’s the blurb:
- 3m items sold every day
- Secondary market is $500b – eBay’s sweet spot
- Talked about daily deal and how they tweet the deals
- iPhone app has had 3m downloads
eBay is focused on three things:
- Making search easier – she talked about BestMatch some
- 28% of listings on eBay come with free shipping
- 33% of sellers have 4.8+
- Sellers with 4.8+ DSRs grew at 11% y/y – faster than ecommerce
This fall, eBay will roll out a program that further enhances trust. (didn’t say more, interesting teaser here.)
Now showing a TigerDirect video, Bruce Matthews, VP of BD – TigerDirect.com
- eBay helps us sell more
- Give us a dedicated rep
- Growth in sales has been huge
- Exposure to customers wouldn’t meet otherwise
- Doing 7k orders on ebay – $500k
- 99.4% positive rating
- 12,000 items listed on eBay
- Daily deal has been great for Tiger – driving lots of inventory
On eBay, you are seeing new merchants, a new buyer experience and a new eBay.
“We are building a better eBay every day.”
Want to partner with retailers to tap into the World’s largest marketplace. As we help our retailers grow, we can transform ecommerce. Ecommerce is only 5% of overall retail today and we think it should be 20% – let’s work together to do that.
We’re excited about moving up-market, thanks for your time.
SeekingAlpha Disclosure – I am long Google, Amazon. eBay is an investor in ChannelAdvisor.