Note: this is a regular feature published by ChannelAdvisor highlighting the Same Store Sales (SSS) across our wide range of thousands of retailers and billions in GMV. Details on the SSS including background, methodology, disclaimers and the 2015 schedule can be found in this post and you can find our holiday schedule here.
Today we are providing an early read on Cyber Monday (11/30/15) results through 3pm ET.
Cyber Monday Early Results
This dashboard shows the early read on Cyber Monday compared to Thanksgiving and Black Friday, the other major shopping days of the Cyber Five.
Early Cyber Monday trends
Overall, Cyber Monday sales for most channels have ticked up since our 12pm ET update which you can find here.
- Total – e-commerce is set to grow 15% y/y (comScore) and so far on Cyber Monday we are seeing 16.8% y/y growth which is faster than the benchmark.
- Amazon – Amazon is outperforming the 15% benchmark coming in at 25.6% for the early Cyber Monday read and was in-line with the Thanksgiving and Black Friday trends.
- eBay – eBay increased to 3.2% y/y in the Cyber Monday early read, compared to 1.5% on Black Friday.
- CSE – CSEs slowed trending to -9.4% so far on Cyber Monday, compared to 6% for Black Friday and 16.4% for Thanksgiving.
- GS – Google Shopping/PLA slowed a bit, coming in at 20.9% in the early Cyber Monday read, compared to 40% on Black Friday and 35.9% on Thanksgiving.
- Search – Search (adWords) improved so far on Cyber Monday to down 3.2% y/y, compared to down 7.4% on Black Friday.
- Other 3PM – Other Third Party Marketplaces continued the trend from Thanksgiving (182.6%) and Black Friday (76.6%) coming in at 53.2% so far on Cyber Monday, another strong showing and > 3X the pace of e-commerce growth.
Cyber Monday – a late bloomer
Historically, Cyber Monday has peaked late in the evening, so far the day is accelerating as we get into it as you can see from this chart:
Our next post will be this evening where we’ll take another look at how Cyber Monday is trending.
This blog post was written by Scot Wingo, Executive Chairman and Founder, ChannelAdvisor.