Note: this is a regular feature published by ChannelAdvisor highlighting the Same Store Sales (SSS) across our wide range of thousands of retailers and billions in GMV. Details on the SSS including background, methodology, disclaimers and the 2015 schedule can be found in this post.
Today we are releasing the results for the third week (7 day period) of November 2015 (15-21): (click to enlarge)
A couple of interesting trends of note in this week’s data:
- Amazon – accelerated slightly from 13.6% in week 2 to 13.9% in week 3. Amazon has consistently been in-line with e-commerce growth.
- eBay – decreased from 2.3% in week 2 to -1.1% in November week 3.
- CSE – decreased from 4.7% in week 2 to 3.3% in week 3.
- Google Shopping/PLA – decreased from 27.8% in week 2 to 25.9% in week 3.
- Search – decreased from -16.3% in week 2 to -16.9% in week 3.
- Other 3PM – last but not least, increased from 38.0% in week 2 to 52.5% in week 3.
On the device side, there were minor movements in the traffic % and order %. Most significant was the up-tick in conversion rate (CR) on desktop and tablet. This is an indication that shoppers are getting into holiday shopping mode, at least from their desktop and tablet devices. Interestingly, phone CR did not show a similar bump in conversion rate.
Week 3 has given us a good baseline as we approach Thanksgiving – this Thursday!! We’re now right up to the beginning of Cyber Five (Thanksgiving – Cyber Monday) and it’s interesting to see the growth rates of the channels and conversion rates start to react to the holiday season.
The next update will be November 26th when we have an early look at Thanksgiving results.
This blog post was written by Scot Wingo, Executive Chairman and Founder, ChannelAdvisor.