Note: this is a regular feature published by ChannelAdvisor highlighting the Same Store Sales (SSS) across our wide range of thousands of retailers and billions in GMV. Details on the SSS including background, methodology, disclaimers and the 2015 schedule can be found in this post.
Today we are releasing the results for the second week (7 day period) of November 2015 (8-14): (click to enlarge)
A couple of interesting trends of note in this week’s data:
- Amazon – decelerated slightly from 14.9% in week 1 to 13.6% in week 2. Amazon has consistently been in-line with e-commerce growth.
- eBay – decreased slightly from 2.3% in week 1 to .4% in November week 2.
- CSE – increased from 1.1% in week 1 to 4.7% in week 2.
- Google Shopping/PLA – increased from 21.8% in week 1 to 27.8% in week 2.
- Search – increased from -22.1% in week 1 to -16.3% in week 2.
- Other 3PM – last but not least, increased from 30.0% in week 1 to 38% in week 2.
On the device side, there were minor movements in the traffic % and order %. Most significant was the up-tick in conversion rate on desktop. This is an indication that shoppers are getting into holiday shopping mode, at least from their desktop devices.
Week 2 has given us a good baseline as we approach Thanksgiving (Nov 26). We’re now 10 days away from Thanksgiving and it’s interesting to start to see the growth rates for some of these channels already accelerating.
The next update will be November 23rd when we look at the results from the third week of November (15-21).
This blog post was written by Scot Wingo, Executive Chairman and Founder, ChannelAdvisor.