Note: This is a regular feature published by ChannelAdvisor highlighting the Same Store Sales (SSS) across our wide range of thousands of retailers and billions in GMV. Details on the SSS including background, methodology, disclaimers and schedule can be found in this post. Our detailed Holiday 2013 schedule can be found here.
Today we are releasing the results for the second week (7 day period) of November 2013 (8-14): (click to enlarge)
Here is our analysis on the results:
- Amazon – Amazon picked up a bit in week two coming in at 27.1% y/y growth compared to week 1’s 15.6%
- eBay – eBay declined from 13.6% in week 1 to 8.2% in week 2.
- CSE – CSE slowed to 8.6% from week one’s 17.4%
- GS – Google Shopping/PLA was essentially unchanged at 94% y/y growth.
- Search – Search dipped significantly coming in at 1.7% vs. last week’s 16.6%
The mobile traffic data this week was largely unchanged compared to the first week.
These first couple weeks of November will give us a baseline as we ramp into the official kick-off of the Holiday, which is Thanksgiving here in the US (November 27th this year).
The next update will be November 25th when we look at the results from the third week of November (15-21).
This blog post was written by Scot Wingo, ChannelAdvisor CEO.