Today we are releasing ChannelAdvisor Same Store Sale (SSS) results (methodology is here) for the first week (plus a couple bonus days) of December (December 1-9 inclusive – compared to December 1-9 last year).
Here are some thoughts on the results from the first week of December 2012 (column 4 highlighted in yellow):
- Amazon’s growth came down a couple notches to 26.5%. Amazon has some very tough comps from December 2011 and appears to have ‘reloaded’ on a lot of 1P inventory.
- eBay continued a strong holiday coming in for 27.2% y/y growth for the first week of December.
- CSE had a very strong showing for the first week up 11.7% , largely driven by the performance of Google Shopping (Product Listing Ads).
- Search was down 11.8% (cannibalization from the above Google Shopping).
All in all, a bit of a lull in holiday spending post Cyber Five, but still pretty strong y/y growth and the holiday definitely is not over by any means.
This Friday our holiday coverage continues as we look at the results for week two of December. Here’s the detailed schedule:
- Friday, December 14 – We’ll check in on the second week of December and Holiday YTD
- Friday, December 21– We’ll see how things are looking during the third week of December
- Monday, January 7, 2013– We’ll share December 2012 SSS and Holiday Wrap Up
This blog post was written by Scot Wingo, CEO, ChannelAdvisor. I am long Amazon and Google. eBay is an investor in ChannelAdvisor.