- Overall – The fourth column, Cyber Sunday, is the new data today and the fifth column is provided for comparison purposes. The big story continues to be mobile coming in over 30% share-wise consistently through the holiday so far. Cyber Sunday was the lowest mobile day with smart phones as the primary source of weakness there.
- Amazon was a little sluggish coming in at 32.6%. Amazon historically has aggressive Cyber Monday promotions (a great Kindle deal is rumored!) and I imagine that consumers are waiting for today to pull the trigger on their Amazon purchases.
- eBay had the strongest day of the holiday so far coming in at 39% which was the first time they came in above Amazon’s growth rate.
- CSE was also down from Saturday, again I think that consumers are probably waiting for the big sales today
- Search was also down from Saturday for the same reasons.
Throughout today, we will be releasing several batches of Cyber Monday data and here’s the schedule for the rest of the data releases:
- Tuesday, November 27 – We’ll be reporting complete Cyber Monday and Cyber Five updates
- Thursday, December 6 – We’ll release complete November SSS results with added colour
- Friday, December 7 – We’ll take a look at the first week of December and Holiday YTD
- Friday, December 14 – We’ll check in on the second week of December and Holiday YTD
- Friday, December 21– We’ll see how things are looking during the third week of December
- Monday, January 7, 2013– We’ll share December 2012 SSS and Holiday Wrap Up
This blog post was written by Scot Wingo, CEO, ChannelAdvisor. I am long Amazon and Google. eBay is an investor in ChannelAdvisor.