This week on Wednesday 1/22, eBay announces Q4 results after the market closes (~4:30pm ET). In this post we preview the Q4 report and provide an overview of what we will be watching for from a seller’s perspective.
ComScore just released their Holiday growth report for e-commerce (desktop only) showing 14% y/y growth in October and 10% growth for Nov/Dec, for desktop which we’ll call Q4 10%-12% until they release the combined Q4 number. Note: comScore’s data does not include tablet/smartphone.
Our average Q4 SSS increase for eBay’s GMV was 11.6% which is in-line with the desktop comScore number.
eBay Q4 Dashboard
As usual, before the results, we are publishing our dashboard so sellers/retailers can track the relevant pieces of the results:
Shortly after eBay announces, we will update the dashboard with the actuals to see how they did vs. their guidance, Wall St. expectations and Q3 2013
What else are we looking for?
In addition to the “usual suspects”, we’ll be watching for these trends:
- eBay continues to focus on CBT with their Global Shipping Program. We’ll be watching to see if eBay has any new data points here.
- Mobile mobile mobile – eBay likes to reveal some interesting mobile stats which we watch with interest.
- Any insights into user growth are always of interest
- Growth rate of top-rated sellers vs. above-standard sellers.
- Any information about eBay’s performance during the holiday.
Scot Wingo wrote this blog. He is CEO of ChannelAdvisor.