Today, April 17, 2013, eBay announces Q1 results after the markets close. In this post we preview the Q1 report and provide an overview of what we will be watching for from a seller’s perspective.
eBay Q1 Dashboard
As usual, before the results, we are publishing our dashboard so sellers/retailers can track the relevent pieces of the results:
Shortly after eBay announces, we will update the dashboard with the actuals to see how they did vs. their guidance, wall st. expectations and Q4 12.
What else are we looking for?
In addition to the ‘usual suspects’, we’ll be watching for these trends:
- eBay has been talking up CBT at analyst day – we’ll be interested to see if there are any new metrics or datapoints there.
- Mobile mobile mobile – eBay likes to reveal some interesting mobile stats which we watch with interests.
- Any insights into user growth are always of interest
- Growth rate of top rated sellers vs. above standard sellers.
- Any changes in mix between US/Domestic and FB/Auctions –
Scot Wingo wrote this blog. He is CEO of ChannelAdvisor. eBay is an investor in ChannelAdvisor.