What’s New With ChannelAdvisor and eBay Promoted Listings
Curious how you can make the most of eBay Promoted Listings? Here are two of the latest tools, which you can also hear more about in our recent webinar, What’s New with ChannelAdvisor and eBay Promoted Listings Plus Volume Pricing, available now on-demand.
eBay Trending Ad Rate
We want to get right into the feature — but first, here’s a little background. The eBay trending ad rate is the average ad rate, set by sellers, for similar promoted items at the subcategory level. It can help you stay competitive by improving the chances of your ads being shown more often. eBay updates this data weekly.
eBay now surfaces trending rate data for categories in its API. This allows ChannelAdvisor to use this data for your consideration when setting up campaigns in the ChannelAdvisor platform.
You have two options for taking the eBay trending ad rate into consideration in ChannelAdvisor:
- Configured Rate Campaign — Promote listings using the eBay-published trending ad rate for the category. This setup will allow you to give us a range to work with around the eBay trending ad rate, as well as a minimum and maximum percentage.
- Discover Rate Campaign — Automatically determine your best advertising rate using user-defined ranges with the eBay-published trending ad rate for the category. This setup will also allow you to give us a range to work with around the eBay trending ad rate, as well as a minimum and maximum percentage.
Discover Rate Campaigns
Not sure what percentage rate to use when setting up promoted listings? Try Discover Rate campaigns for promoted listings in ChannelAdvisor!
Using the Discover Rate option allows ChannelAdvisor to test different promoted listing rates based on inputs from you to find the optimal rate for you products. The goal is to give you the best return on investment (ROI) without overpaying on your promoted listing percentage.
Two options to automatically determine the best advertising rate for:
- Setting a range between two percentages. Enter the minimum and maximum percentages you would like to use as the boundaries for the test campaigns.
- Using eBay-published trending ad rate for the category with user-defined ranges. This setup will allow you to give us a range to work with around the eBay trending ad rate, as well as a minimum and maximum percentage.
Promoted Listings helps your items stand out. Don’t forget the best part — you only pay when your items sell! #winning. Promoted Listings can help you:
- Boost item visibility
- Jumpstart new item ranking
- Raise brand awareness
Visit the Promoted Listings for eBay setup page if you are ready to start now.
Want to learn more about eBay Promoted Listing and Volume Pricing?
Have additional questions?
Here are some of the questions we received from webinar attendees during the event.
Q: Are the Discover Rate Campaign settings in ChannelAdvisor on a SKU level or on an account level?
A: On the campaign level. Any items you add to a Discover rate campaign will be applied to what settings you choose.
Q: Will Volume Pricing work with variations? (Ex. several sizes/colors of the same item.)
A: Yes, Volume Pricing for absolutely work for variations.
Q: Do we have to create a Posting Template for each SKU we want to do Volume Pricing with? Let’s say I have two different items, with two different percentages. Do they have to both be in two different Posting Templates?
A: They don’t. You can use a business rule or an attribute to select the percentage you want to use for your items. If you need help, the ChannelAdvisor Support Team is happy to assist.
Q: When do you pay for Promoted Listings? Do they deduct it from your payout?
A: This will show up as a listing fee. All fees appear on your monthly eBay invoice.
Q: Given the capability of the “Discover Rate”analysis, what would be the reason for using just the Trending Ad Rate? In other words, would you recommend most if not all sellers use the Discover Rate to determine our ad rates?
A: We recommend that everyone uses Discover Rate to start out. Why? Each seller on eBay is unique and you might be able to have a lower ad rate then trending ad rate. Meaning more ROI!
Q: What difference does it make to have a 2,3,4,5 % ad rate?
A: There are many factors that can make a difference. Like who else is using Promoted Listings, what category you’re selling in and your current seller standing.