Start Selling on Facebook Marketplace with ChannelAdvisor
Do you have the software and e-commerce expertise to tap into an audience of millions to find potential new customers?
At ChannelAdvisor, we’ve always stressed the importance of being everywhere — minimizing your risk in a changing industry by maximizing your online presence. We’re happy to announce that ChannelAdvisor has integrated with Facebook Marketplace in order to make it easy to sell your products and grow your audience. This marketplace offers consumers an enticingly personalized shopping experience — with products and services from their local community and businesses they love.
[The Facebook Marketplace integration is currently only open to ChannelAdvisor customers who meet specific requirements. See below for more information].
What is Facebook Marketplace?
- Marketplace is a single place on Facebook that makes it easy to discover, buy and sell items. People can find what they’re looking for by filtering results by category, price and location.
- E-commerce retailers can now sell directly on Marketplace or offer deals to shoppers where they’re already shopping.
What are the benefits of selling on Facebook Marketplace?
Among the many advantages to listing on Facebook Marketplace, you get:
- Organic Distribution: E-commerce retailers on Marketplace will get organic distribution of their brand and products.
- Tailored Experience: Marketplace surfaces products relevant to consumers, helping your business find the right customers.
- No Listing Fees Or Commission: Marketplace has no set listing fees or commission.
- Free Shipping Promo – Provide customers with free shipping! Facebook will subsidize $5 of shipping cost per order through December 31, 2018. [Shipping Program Terms.]
Facebook Marketplace is already becoming known for the following traits among some of our consumer brands and retailers:
- Connecting products to people where they shop
- Inspiring and engaging shoppers through visual merchandising
- Seamlessly transacting with consumers on mobile
- Sharing information about products and services
- Enabling a seamless purchase experience via on-site checkout
- Increasing discovery of brands and products
- Matching the right products to the right people
- Capturing shoppers along the entire consumer journey
Ready to Get Started?
The Facebook Marketplace integration is currently only offered to brands and retailers who are both a ChannelAdvisor Digital Marketing and ChannelAdvisor Marketplaces customer (and are sending a feed to Facebook using ChannelAdvisor).
For ChannelAdvisor customers who meet that criteria, the simple steps below will lead you through the settings necessary to establish a link between ChannelAdvisor and your Facebook Marketplace account.
Interested in selling on Facebook Marketplace? Here’s what you need to know:
- Facebook Marketplace for e-commerce is supported in the US posting locale only at present. You will need a US ChannelAdvisor account. If you don’t have one, please look at the Add a New Country page for instructions.
- Apply to sell on Facebook — The application process is easy. Log in to ChannelAdvisor, add Facebook as a marketplace option and follow the steps on the settings page to apply to sell in Facebook Marketplace. The request process is only three steps, so you’ll be up and running quickly.
- If Facebook Marketplace doesn’t display in Marketplaces > Add Marketplace, contact ChannelAdvisor Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request access to the Facebook Marketplace integration.
Approval by Facebook should be easy to obtain, as long as you meet Facebook’s requirements:
- Direct brand or authorized reseller based in the U.S.
- Selling new products and goods
- Returns accepted within 30 days
- Orders shipped within three days, for customer receipt within seven days
Wondering how you can soar ahead of your competitors? Let ChannelAdvisor Marketplaces help you leverage the power of Facebook Marketplace to extend your brand and products to more customers.
Not a ChannelAdvisor customer but interested in Facebook Marketplace?
ChannelAdvisor has integrations with over 100 marketplaces globally. Reach out to us using this quick form and one of our e-commerce experts will be happy to walk you through Facebook, as well as any other marketplaces that might be right for you and your products.