Having been at all the eBay Lives, this keynote seemed to the lightest attended I’ve seen. It was also a weird setup of chairs on concrete and a stage IRCE was in the same room and there was carpet and more room dressing, this felt like a talk in a warehouse.
JD took the stage and did lots of introductory stuff, summarizing the changes and outlining the changes made and the new way they are running eBay.
- Honest, transparent feedback
- Reward behaviours that give buyers what they want
- The changes are working – some spot examples of how the changes are working
- How does new team define success?
- Thank you – for being here, being part of community and for listening.
At the centre of every transaction are two people – a buyer and a seller.
Then they showed a video of a seller – africadirect (4.6 shipping and handling DSR)
Next up, Lorrie…