So you’re new to Rakuten.de and wondering how to distinguish yourself from the crowd? Or maybe you’ve been listing your products on the marketplace for some time, but revenue isn’t increasing as you hoped it would. We know that on marketplaces, it takes more than just opening an account to be successful. You need to act strategically to stay ahead of your competition. Read below for tips on how to be successful on Rakuten.de.
Make Sure Your Data Is High Quality
One of the primary keys to success is good — and above all, complete — product data. Take to heart the principles of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Describe each product thoroughly and concisely. What is the product? How is it used? Specify the correct measurements. Write in complete, easy-to-read sentences. Use intelligent keywords – but avoid keyword spamming. Try to find search phrases that are less common, so that you’re competing with fewer pages for the best rankings on the search engine results page.
- Create original content. Don’t use text from the manufacturer, as it’s likely already been published elsewhere on the internet. Search engines don’t like duplicate content. Plus, most content from the manufacturer will be written in a style that targets retailers, not buyers.
- Use high-quality images. If you want Rakuten.de to display your images in full view, they need to be at least 1000 x 1000 pixels. Otherwise, your images will appear only as small preview images. But make sure your images aren’t so large that they slow down page-load times.
- Implement videos where possible, especially if a product needs explanation. If you sell apparel, videos might be a great selling tool, too.
Feature Content Marketing in Your Rakuten.de Store
Your Rakuten.de store is a great place to establish your brand and inspire your customers. By presenting yourself and your products well, you can connect with buyers and show off your brand identity. In other words, don’t just assign your products to the store categories. Add additional value in the form of content that promotes your products, helps customers and keeps them returning to your site.
For example, offer tutorials on fashion and makeup trends for spring. Or demos of new electronic gadgets. Even seasonal recipes for foods or kitchen products that you sell. Your Rakuten store also offers you the ability to feature a blog — use it to keep your buyers interested. And don’t forget to link between your product detail pages and your additional content. Search engines favor pages that have regularly updated content and internal links.
Add Store Categories and Rakuten Categories
You created your store categories to organize your products and make navigation easy for shoppers. Now you need to enable potential buyers to find your products on the marketplace itself, so you should add the Rakuten category in your product feed. Aim to use the most specific categorization that Rakuten offers to reap the biggest rewards and allow shoppers to find your products.
Take Your Store to the Next Level
Once you’ve made the optimizations above, here are a few additional tips to further enhance your Rakuten.de results:
- Within your store header, use calls to action, like a contact button, to make it easy for buyers to reach out to you with questions.
- Offer a clearly defined product selection, and don’t try to please everyone. A smaller but definitive assortment is easier to manage. You can gain expertise, share it with your customers and develop into a more specialized retailer over time. That’s added value that could distinguish you from both online and offline competitors.
- Take advantage of Rakuten’s marketing tools such as Rakuten Mail, discount vouchers and the Super Points program to turn your customers into returning buyers.
With these smart strategies, you’ll be on your way to success on Rakuten.de in no time.