5 Emerging Marketplaces to Consider for the Holidays
With the holiday shopping season fast approaching, we want to make sure you are well prepared and are visible on as many marketplaces as possible. Buyers are more value- and convenience-oriented than ever, and that’s going to intensify during the holiday shopping season. Because more than half of all buyers start researching their holiday purchases in September and October, here are some marketplaces you should be considering now:
- This major mobile shopping platform sells around 2 million items a month.
- Average selling price is $15 — from jewelry and accessories to beauty and home.
- Demographics of shoppers is primarily women aged 18 to 65.
- Buyers enjoy the gamification aspect of the platform. Online auctions last 90 seconds rather than days.
- To maximize your sales on Tophatter, interact as much as possible with Tophatter’s marketplace account managers.
- In-depth reporting will guide what’s selling and what’s not.
- Launched in 2015, Hollar is a mobile-friendly marketplace with name-brand products, with offers starting as low as $1.
- Demographics include millennial mothers between the ages of 25-34 from middle-America (mainly suburban and rural areas).
- Hollar suggests only selling items under $50 to keep shipping costs low.
- Average order size is $30, indicating customers are buying more than a couple of items.
- 85% of purchases are made without using the search function; customers are discovering items instead of searching.
- Established in 2009, Pricefalls has more than 1,200 sellers and over 12 million products for sale.
- Seller offers are in a fixed price format and you have your own storefront so buyers can see your whole assortment.
- Pricefalls’ top performing categories are Home Improvement & Tools, Consumer Electronics, Health & Beauty, and Home & Living.
- You can contact customers directly by email or phone and send them promotional materials to drive sales on and off Pricefalls.
- Your offers are passed to Google and Bing for syndication at no extra cost, increasing your exposure.
- You can participate in over seven promotional programs.
- Sellers have access to account managers, full service live merchant support and experienced data technicians.
Are you looking to expand overseas? You’re not alone. Worldwide e-commerce sales are predicted to reach $4.5 trillion by 2021, which means now is the time to make moves!
Join us on Tuesday, September 26 at 11 a.m. for this year’s International Selling 101 webinar. We’ll cover topics such as popular product categories in different countries, help you build a framework to test the waters for global expansion, and review some of the more popular international marketplaces which include the following popular up-and-comers:
- Fruugo sells into 23 countries abroad and is great option to test the international waters.
- It provides a unique opportunity to sell out-of-season products abroad. For example, sellers in the US could sell excess winter apparel to buyers in New Zealand.
- Fruugo sells in excess of 5 million products with 20,000 brands — and offers a wide variety of items from sports and recreational products to electronics, home and apparel.
- This marketplace can take a seller’s home market data feed and translate it into 11 local languages and currencies so you don’t have to.
- Merchant support specialists are also on hand to offer local customer service and provide help identifying the right products for sellers to sell abroad.
- VoyageOne offers a low-risk entry into China and makes the transition easy for you.
- Your products are listed on Tmall within a store named Liking, which carries other US and European brands.
- When you receive an order, you ship it to a US shipping address and VoyageOne will ship your order to China.
- Good fit if you are selling apparel, footwear and accessories in multiple colors and sizes, have deep inventory, and you can package well and ship quickly.
- The merchants at Liking will provide guidance on what to sell and when to sell it.
- Liking will also handle all the marketing activities to drive traffic to your items.
- Getting started is easy! Click here to learn more and apply to tap into the $1.13 trillion Chinese market.
If you’re thinking about joining these marketplaces, ChannelAdvisor can help make the launch smoother so you can concentrate on other aspects of your business. We currently support more than 70 marketplaces (and counting!) so check back often for new opportunities for global expansion.
Ready to cast your e-commerce net across the globe? Contact us today and an e-commerce consultant will reach out to help you start creating your lasting global footprint.