Considering that Black Friday was ChannelAdvisor’s highest day of Amazon GMV in company history, we’re anticipating another record-breaking day today. Amazon same-store sales growth reached 58% this weekend, steadily climbing each day as we moved closer to Cyber Monday.
Here are some highlights from the entire holiday weekend (Thanksgiving Day through Sunday) that show growth on all channels as the weekend progressed:
- E-Commerce same-store sales started with 17 percent growth on Thanksgiving Day followed by 20% growth on Black Friday, 21% growth on Saturday and 27% growth on Sunday
- Amazon same-store sales increased from 30% on Thanksgiving Day to 50% on Black Friday followed by 49% on Saturday and 59% on Sunday
- eBay same-store sales remained steady all weekend with approximately 15% growth
- Paid Search same-store sales increased by 19% on Thanksgiving Day, 22% on Black Friday, 27% on Saturday and 34% on Sunday
- Comparison Shopping Engines gained extreme momentum as well starting on Thanksgiving Day with a 4% increase and finishing out the weekend on Sunday with a 14% increase over last year
- Tablet and smartphone sales peaked on Thanksgiving Day (couch commerce at its best) at 10% and came in at 9% for the rest of the holiday weekend