5 Ways eBay’s Global Shipping Program Makes Selling Internationally a Breeze
When you mention international expansion to an online seller, the world “simple” is the last thing on anyone’s mind. Complex and expensive shipping costs, international taxes and duties are among the few headaches that sellers face when trying to get their products across borders. It almost makes it easier to avoid the process altogether.
But what if we told you that there’s a way to ship domestically while ultimately still delivering your items to international buyers? A way to follow through with your ambitions of expanding internationally and implementing cross-border trade (CBT) without substantial changes to your existing shipping processes?
Cue the eBay Global Shipping Program (GSP): the low risk, high reward solution that takes the hassle out of CBT and connects eBay sellers in the US to the rest of the world. In fact, according to eBay’s internal reporting, sellers on the GSP have seen up to a 15% increase in sales.
“Simple CBT” might sound too good to be true, but that’s not a claim that comes without some substantial supporting evidence:
- Two words: Free. Enrollment. That’s right, folks. There are no fees to join the Global Shipping Program. You (the seller) are responsible for your domestic shipping charges, if any. Otherwise, your buyers are responsible for the Program Fees which include all international import and shipping charges.
- Have a big audience? It’s about to get bigger. The eBay GSP program is now officially in 101 countries. According to eBay, that equates to a potential new audience of over 70 million buyers across the globe. Only want to sell to certain countries? You can do that too. The marketplace allows you to exclude entire continents, regions, countries, territories or states, if you want to get that specific.
- You ship to one place. EBay does the rest. Here’s how it works: once your item sells to an international buyer, your job as the seller is to ship it to the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky. That’s it. You’re done. Which brings us to our next point…
- Peace of mind for all! While the GSP worries about customs forms, value-added tax and international logistics, you can focus on listing and selling your products.
- Say it with me: Risk-free CBT. With the Global Shipping Program, once a package ships, both the buyer and seller can track it with end-to-end international tracking. Sellers aren’t responsible for loss or damage once a package leaves the US shipping center, and seller feedback is protected. How’s that for risk-free?
Sound simple? It is. Nearly 26% of eBay’s total listings are available through the GSP. If you’re not using the program, chances are, your competition is. Ready to start taking your eBay listing across borders? Learn how ChannelAdvisor can make it even easier.