What is it ecommerce survey day? Earlier today, I reported on the shopping.com survey. Now Shopzilla/Bizrate has a survey out today too. This one is more gender focused and thankfully lacks any mention of fruitcake.
Industry insights — Women vs. Men:
- 48% of men feel anxious, inadequate, confused or aggravated about buying holiday gifts.
- 56% of women are excited about holiday shopping and chomping at the bit.
- Women (36%) are more likely than men (22%) shop throughout the year.
- Men (15%) are more likely than women (5%) to last-minute shop
- Women (44%) are more likely than men (39%) to shop with friends and family
- Men (36% spend over $250) on gifts for significant others. Women – only 20% would spend that much.
Industry insights — online shopping:
- Over 35% say they do most of their holiday shopping online.
- 31% still favor the mall and
- 3% still prefer a catalogueueue
- Men and Women are equally as likely (87%) to buy gifts online
- Top reasons for buying online:
- 24/7 shopping (83%)
- Save time (83%)
- Avoid crowds (72%)
- Save money (56%)
- Product research (50%)
- Gift wrapping and shipping (16%)
- point-of sale survey
- 1,905 online buyers from Sept 18 through September 25th