Today ChannelAdvisor launched ShoppingAdvisor — a product that simplifies selling products across the leading comparison shopping engines.
Here’s what I see the main benefits to be:
- Improve data quality and do things like run promotions without having to get IT involved
- Get a quick high-level view of feed status, progress, performance
- Syndicate content to multiple shopping engines at once (formatted automatically for you!)
- Higher product relevance by mapping your categories to the site’s categories
- Ability to track purchases made through Google Checkout (this is only of the few products that can do this)
- Employ search engine analytics to find out the best keywords to use for your products — helping your customers find your products early and often
Another great thing about ShoppingAdvisor is automated bid management (ABM).
ABM, for the uninitiated, is a fancy way to describe removing or promoting products based on performance. In a word, this means profits.
This is a huge announcement and I know many of the people who worked hard to make this happen. Congratulations to the ShoppingAdvisor team!!