At Shop.org Shopping.com announced some big changes:
- SKU-level bidding: get specific on highly-trafficked products within categories and better management tools for SKU bids requiring “special attention:” sale items, for example — in addition to analytics tools to show ROI on advertising for individual products
- Product performance reports: again, more of an ability to dial down on product performance to tell you who’s a dog and who’s a rockstar, how your conversion to sales look, get more specific on category performance and get a handle on how you’re priced relative to competition
- Value-based pricing: they’re making the shift in early Q4…clicks will be priced on publisher’s overall traffic performance
- Cart enhancements: integration with eBay express, email marketing opt-ins, etc.
- Distributed shopping: basically a more flexible “DIY” CSE on your own site with Shopping.com
Buried in the release was a mention of UI changes on the horizon. All I have to say is that it’s about time!
Are you happy about these changes? Discuss.
Scott Hurff wrote this — scott.hurff at channeladvisor