If you’re at all operating within the digital space — and let’s be real, who isn’t these days?— you’ve definitely noticed the barrage of video content that’s popping up just about everywhere. Which makes sense, because video is the fastest-growing form of content right now. From recipe how-to videos to animated product explainers, video is hands-down the fastest-growing form of content.
At ChannelAdvisor, we’re big fans of learning via videos, and even bigger fans of meeting our audience where they spend the most time. Thus, Channel Advice was born. To start 2017 off on the best foot, we’ve created a video series to answer some of your most pressing e-commerce questions in short videos designed to fit everyone’s busy lifestyles.
Best of all, we want you to tell us what you want to learn more about! Submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet them straight to us with the hashtag #ChannelAdvice and we’ll get our team of experts on it.
Episode 1: Getting Rid of Excess Inventory
In episode one, Sean Finnegan, a client services team lead at ChannelAdvisor, lays down some knowledge on actionable tips for retailers to make room in their warehouses for new products. These tips include:
- Leverage eBay! The popular marketplace offers tons of incentives through its Promotions Manager to help you sell more.
- Utilize the many deal sites online, such as Groupon. Or for high-end brands, try sites like Gilt.com.
- Sell direct to an inventory liquidator such as liquidation.com or advertise globally.
- Add new benefits including free gifts or buy-one-get-one (BOGO) offers
- Don’t just “set it and forget it” — monitoring your sales ensures that you’re hitting your sales goals. Also, consider using comparison shopping sites to capture consumers looking for deals!
And don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel to make sure you don’t miss an episode of Channel Advice!