This morning shopping.com is out with the results of their holiday shopping survey. The survey has a mix of interesting industry data/insights and somewhat unusual questions.
- Respondents said they have an average of six shopping Web sites stored
in their Web browsers
- 46% stated they would start shopping before Thanksgiving (our data is supporting this)
- 22% said they would start after Tgiving
- 20% identified themselves as last-minute shoppers (put me in that bucket)
Unusual data (aka the fruitcake questions):
- 35% of respondents said they would give up alcohol for a three-day-weekend every week.
- 29% said they would give up junk-food for that mythical three-day-weekend.
- 47% said they would immediately throw away a fruitcake gift
- 11% said they would take time and regift that delicious fruitcake
- Zoomerang contacted 1,850 online shoppers
- 70% were female
- Ages were 22-42
- 61% married
Finally if you are in the mood today for a little (more) fruitcake humor, checkout this cartoon.