Ok, digesting more of this, the management changes are deeper than I first noticed. Here’s a biggie:
Bill Cobb is retiring!! Dang, just when we get to know each other he ups and does this.
Ok, here’s all the changes I’ve found so far:
- Rajiv will be EVP of eBay, Inc and take over as president of eBay Marketplaces
- Rajiv will also join the board of directors – interesting.
- Scott Thompson (PayPal CTO) will take over as President of PayPal (that’s good to see someone technical step into operating role)
- Lorrie Norrington (runs eBay Intl) will take over for Cobb as President of eBay Marketplace
- Lorrie will report to Rajiv
- Meg said something on CNBC about Stephanie Tilenius (she’s at Paypal right now I believe) running eBay usa, but I may have misheard that.
Phew, this is a lot of management change heading into a period of a lot of business change too. Now I’m getting more nervous about 08.