This week at ChannelAdvisor we are hosting our UK Catalyst event in downtown London in this neat wine museum/tasting place called Vinopolis.
The blogging will be light this week as I’ll be spending most of my time with UK internet retailers. However, the folks at TameBay are here and Dan Wilson (great ex-ebayer that is part of vzaar now) and they both appear to be blogging so keep an eye on their reports. I’ll try to summarize tomorrow as the event winds down.
Here’s a quick summary so far:
- This morning we had a pre-conference with CA customers and got some great feedback.
- The MD of Red Letter Days, Bill Alexander gave a great talk on the importance of brand.
- I provided a recap of some of the multi-channel trends we are seeing.
- Next, eBay.co.uk’s MD, Mark Lewis, gave a great overview of the changes eBay has made and then messaged that many more changes are coming. The message of ‘change’ and partnering with sellers is definitely crossing the pond from San Jose to London.
- Right now, Colleen Aubrey who runs Business Development for amazon.co.uk is talking about Amazon’s offerings in the UK, how to own the buy-box, etc.
Up next we have a dinner cruise on the Thames and a chance to meet many comparison shopping engines.