Why start with your brand campaign? Sitelinks are designed to appear in an ad when a search query is deemed highly relevant. For these instances, we have found that Brand terms are the most likely to trigger sitelinks.
Two-line formatted sitelinks have been proven to help increase CTR by an average of 17%, additionally, I have seen an 11% increase this month to date in my clients’ brand campaign with Three-Line sitelinks appearing!
According to Google, in order to help increase the likelihood of your sitelinks to appear:
- Your ads should have one of the top positions above the search results
- Your ads should have a very high quality score
- Your sitelink URLs must direct to pages that are part of your main website.
- You may enter up to 10 direct links to pages on your site, Google will choose which of those to display depending on the query
- Click on the Ad Extensions tab, then View: Sitelinks Extensions
- Click +New Extension, Select your campaign, add your Link text and Destination URL and you are all set! (just remember in order to track performance/revenue in ChannelAdvisor, a tracking URL should be used as the destination URL)
- To generate a tracking URL from ChannelAdvisor, we recommend creating a dummy keyword in the respective Google campaign/ad group of your account
- For ex. [sitelink_tracking url]**www.yourdomain.com**.05, this will then bring any revenue attributed from an order placed on a sitelink into your appropriate campaign
For more information on Google Adwords, and how to get the most from your adspend, check out this ChannelAdvisor eBook: Take Google Adwords Reporting to the Next Level.