Welcome to the live blog for ChannelAdvisor. We’ll be live blogging
the general sessions at Catalyst to make sure attendees don’t miss
anything. Also, make sure you’re following hashtag #CatalystAmericas and @ChannelAdvisor on Twitter for all of the latest.
Speaker: Sameer Samat
Title: Partnering with Retailers to Build a Multi-Screen Shopping Experience-by Google
World changing at a dramatic pace: His 2-year old thinks he’s messing with him since his laptop isn’t touch screen. His nephew has never seen a land line phone.
Consumer expectations are changing just as quickly.
Knowledge Graph: catalogueueue of people places and things in the world..facts about them and relationship between them.
Producing a better answer around a user’s query: Query provides map, address, phone number, reviews for search for “M Resort,” for example.
Google Shopping Goals:
- Connect users w/ best place to buy online or offline
- Create new opportunities for retailers
Our role, “what technology we can provide retailers to make the customer journey as smooth as possible?”
Google Shopping Success:
- 300% Growth in participating sellers
- 20% y/y traffic growth
- 1 Billion products listed
Delivering a relevant shopping experience:
- When words aren’t enough, visually similar results
- Product Listing Ads across devices
- Product cards for Android devices-more fluid
- Connecting users to inventory available in local stores
Creating new opportunities:
- Trusted Stores to improve buyer confidence; includes rating
- Google Shopping Express–retailer front and centre with local brands and courier service;
- Retailer owns the consumer
- Not just for large retailers-small businesses too
Making the most of Google Shopping:
- Invest in Data-the cleaner the data the more opportunities you’ll find
- Better together: PLA + Text
- We’re always testing, you should too –
- Always looking for retailers to collaborate with…Search as You Type came out of a collaboration with a retailer
- To collaborate w/ Google–let your account member at Google or ChannelAdvisor know
Reminder for Catalyst America’s social
- Follow @ChannelAdvisor on Twitter
- Tag your social posts, Instagram pics with our show hashtag:#CatalystAmericas
- Keep tabs on discussions, networking opportunities and more on the
Pathable community at http://catalystamericas2013.pathable.com/
- Keep an eye on the eBay Strategies blog where
we’ll be live blogging the Keynotes and Main Sessions at Catalyst