[Retail TouchPoints] 5 Top E-Commerce Innovations for 2020
E-commerce may have achieved many of the hallmarks of maturity, but in a lot of ways, it still behaves like an adolescent: mercurial, intense and designed to keep everyone on their toes.
Even as better technology offers a more seamless experience, rising expectations make sure retailers can never rest on their laurels. Whether it comes to mobile shopping, shorter shipping windows or more cohesive omnichannel offerings, e-commerce still has plenty of growth opportunities ahead.
With this is mind, Retail TouchPoints gathered insight from retail experts, data from industry surveys and information from its own interviews and reporting to identify five major technology and business trends coming up in 2020. This special report covers:
- Improving the mobile experience
- The need to deliver insights and content at great speed
- Using predictive insights and other tools to enhance delivery
- Embracing images as a discovery channel
- Evolving from omnichannel to unified commerce