April 26, 2010 ChannelAdvisor Kicks Off 2010 with Multichannel Growth
ChannelAdvisor Kicks Off 2010 with Multichannel Growth
Company reports 261 new customer additions, key new product features and continued expansion
Research Triangle Park, NC – April, 26 2010 “ChannelAdvisor, a solution provider that enables online retailers to improve efficiency and increase revenue, today announced that its retailers have jump-started 2010 with record growth on Amazon, incremental growth on eBay and overall growth across all channels this quarter. Boasting 124 of Internet Retailer’s Top 500, ChannelAdvisor added notable new retailers including GolfEtail, Replay Photos, Ritz Camera, The Sharper Image, ValuePetSupplies, Wine Enthusiast and in the United Kingdom Joe Browns, Republic Retail and Speedo.
ChannelAdvisor’s online retailers continued to see tremendous growth across the marketplaces channel this quarter, experiencing Amazon same-store-sales growth of 75 percent, and incremental eBay same-store-sales growth of five percent. Across all ChannelAdvisor channels, including marketplaces, comparison shopping, paid search and stores, retailers experienced a healthy 14 percent growth this quarter.
“ChannelAdvisor helps retailers sell more online as evidenced this quarter by the record-breaking success of our retailers on Amazon, an achievement in line with and even ahead of Amazon’s impressive company growth,” said Scot Wingo, ChannelAdvisor CEO. “As shoppers loosen their wallets and increase spending online, we’re expecting 2010 to continue to be a banner year for ChannelAdvisor and our retailers.”
This past quarter ChannelAdvisor also became part of the inaugural Demandware LINK Community program, a partnership program giving current Demandware customers access to the ChannelAdvisor platform including the ability to list products across more than 115 comparison shopping engines, increasing product visibility and access to new audiences.
“We’re looking forward to extending our online presence with the assistance of ChannelAdvisor,” said Paul McDermott, head of e-commerce for Speedo International. “There is significant opportunity for Speedo in online marketplaces, and we’re confident ChannelAdvisor’s solution will allow us to tap into that market.”
Additional noteworthy product updates this past quarter included the following:
- Support for eBay’s spring update, namely eBay Motors parts and accessories (fitment)
- Expansion of support for eBay variations
- Increased category support for Amazon, including automotive accessories
- Amazon Categorizer and Product Match functionality for the UK
- Creative Reporting that tracks ad creative performance for Google, Bing and Yahoo!
- Social media tracking that measures clicks and revenue generated from social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter
Comparison Shopping Engines
- Released support for Google Product Extensions and the Google Affiliate Network within the Google Product Search data feed
- Increased support from 92 to more than 115 providers worldwide
In other first quarter highlights, ChannelAdvisor continued to expand its workforce with 30 new hires. The company plans continued global workforce expansion in sales, marketing, engineering and support.