May 29, 2007 ChannelAdvisor Announces the Launch of its Comparison Shopping Solution
ChannelAdvisor Announces the Launch of its Comparison Shopping Solution
ChannelAdvisor’s new Comparison Shopping solution eliminates online retailer’s reliance on their IT organization while providing the most efficient solution to managing comparison shopping campaigns
Research Triangle Park, NC – May 29, 2007 – ChannelAdvisor, a leader in on-demand solutions and services that enable retailers to optimize their e-commerce sales strategies, today announced the launch of its Comparison Shopping solution, the first self-managed solution that puts merchandising products on comparison shopping engines back in the hands of retailers.
As the comparison shopping industry becomes more complex retailers find it more difficult to manage their efforts and maximize results. ChannelAdvisor’s Comparison Shopping solution enables retailers to easily customize their product feeds to individual comparison shopping engines’ taxonomy without requiring internal IT resources.
Comparison Shopping allows retailers to focus on the core principals of operating a successful comparison shopping program: minimizing spend, increasing revenue and improving efficiencies. ChannelAdvisor’s Comparison Shopping feature’s built-in profitability management enables retailers to define business rules that will automatically adjust bid levels or remove products to improve profitability. In addition, the solution includes pre-defined business rules that leverage best practices for increasing product exposure and conversion with the various shopping engines.
Two of the early adopters of Comparison Shopping are eBags, number 92 on the 2007 Internet Retailer 500 Guide, and U.S. Cavalry, a leading provider of military, law enforcement and outdoor equipment.
“If I were to design a product to manage our comparison shopping program it would emulate the functionality available in this solution,” said Jon Mellen, Sr. Marketing Manager, eBags. “The control I have with this application is unparallel to anything I have discovered in the market today and the results we have experienced thus far have exceeded our expectations.”
“As the number of consumers using comparison shopping engines continues to rise, the ability to adapt quickly and effectively becomes a challenge. For this reason, our objective was to find a self service solution to efficiently manage this program to produce the high ROI we’ve experienced with search.” said U.S. Cavalry E-Commerce Director, Michael Nuss. “Only ChannelAdvisor’s Comparison Shopping solution provided us the level of management we needed to market our products successfully and the user friendly system allowed us to be live in a matter of days.”
“ChannelAdvisor has managed comparison shopping engine programs for the industry’s largest retailers over the past four years. During this time, we’ve gained substantial insight into technology requirements that are integral to customer success in this ever-changing environment,” said Scot Wingo, Chief Executive Officer of ChannelAdvisor. “This Comparison Shopping solution is a key component of the ChannelAdvisor platform and we’re pleased to announce its availability.”
In conjunction with this announcement, any retailer that signs up for Comparison Shopping prior to June 30th 2007 will receive a 60 day money back guarantee.
The Comparison Shopping solution’s industry leading features include:
- Advanced Dashboard Interface “ Get a 360-degree view of your feed status, your performance across individual channels, and be alerted when your traffic or revenue reaches predetermined thresholds.
- Merchandising Engine “ Include or exclude products with the click of a button, re-write titles and descriptions and build business rules that can dynamically generate unique content for each product on each channel.
- Built-in Profitability Management “ Evaluate individual product performance including cost per order, return on ad spend (ROAS), and profit margin at each comparison shopping engine.
- Keyword Term Generator “ Identify which keywords are driving traffic to your website and easily incorporate them into your titles and descriptions to improve relevancy.
- Multi-channel Category Mapping “ Map your data feed to the taxonomy of over 40 comparison shopping engine’s categories.
- Advanced Reporting “ Monitor the performance of your campaign strategies by channel, category, landing page or product.
- Seamless Paid Search Integration “ ShoppingAdvisor is seamlessly integrated with SearchAdvisorÃ¢â€žÂ¢, ChannelAdvisor’s paid search solution, providing a single login, unified channel reporting, bid management and keyword term generation.
Additionally, ChannelAdvisor is introducing a series of initiatives that help new Comparison Shopping customers improve their day-to-day multichannel campaign management. Customers can select from one of several enhanced services packages to support their need to establish a go-to-market strategy or evaluate areas of improvement with their current comparison shopping campaigns. One specific program enables customers to be live on 15 comparison shopping sites within 5 business days.
Comparison Shopping will debut June 4-7 at the Internet Retailer 2007 Conference in San Jose, CA. Attendees will have the opportunity to see live demonstrations of ShoppingAdvisor at booth number 1015. ChannelAdvisor is also offering an interactive webinar for customers and prospects which will be Tuesday, June 12th at 2:00 p.m. EDT. Sign up is available at www.channeladvisor.com/webinars.