October 29, 2015 ChannelAdvisor announces Same Store Sales reporting dates for 2015 holiday season
2015 reporting to begin in November in response to high volume of early holiday shopping in 2014
Research Triangle Park, NC – October 29, 2015 – ChannelAdvisor Corporation (NYSE:ECOM), a leading provider of cloud-based e-commerce solutions that enable retailers and manufacturers to increase global sales, today announced its Same Store Sales (SSS) reporting schedule for the 2015 holiday season. ChannelAdvisor’s SSS reports highlight transactional data for thousands of retailers generating the billions of dollars in gross merchandise value (GMV) that flows through the ChannelAdvisor platform. GMV represents the overall volume of product sales made on a particular channel. The data captured by ChannelAdvisor’s software is different from survey-based reports because it is actual transactional numbers, not research-based findings.
Each holiday season, ChannelAdvisor tracks the GMV for Amazon, comparison shopping engines, eBay, Google Shopping, other third-party marketplaces (online marketplaces excluding Amazon and eBay) and paid search channels. ChannelAdvisor reports this data daily (and twice a day at times) during the five days from Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday — the Cyber Five. These reports measure the impact each channel is having on e-commerce during the industry’s busiest time of year.
To closely monitor ChannelAdvisor’s holiday SSS data and for notifications of recently published reports, subscribe to the ChannelAdvisor blog.
“In 2014, consumers started their holiday shopping early, even before Thanksgiving,” said Scot Wingo, ChannelAdvisor executive chairman. “We’ll start publishing our SSS reports weekly in November to monitor whether that trend continues in 2015. We’ll also keep an eye on how much web traffic retailers are generating from mobile devices, if buy buttons on Google and social media channels make an impact as well as the performance of newer, up-and-coming online channels.”
During the holidays, ChannelAdvisor also tracks data to compare web traffic, order percentage and conversion rates on tablets and mobile phones. The mobile data is driven by paid search sites and comparison shopping engines only and does not include marketplaces.
Below are the dates when ChannelAdvisor will publish holiday SSS data, as well as the results each report will cover:
- Tuesday, November 10: October SSS
- Wednesday, November 11: First week of November data
- Monday, November 16: Second week of November data
- Monday, November 23: Third week of November data
- Thursday, November 26: Early Thanksgiving results
- Friday, November 27: Full Thanksgiving results and early Black Friday data
- Saturday, November 28: Full Black Friday results
- Sunday, November 29: Full Cyber Saturday results
- Monday, November 30: Full Cyber Sunday results and early Cyber Monday data
- Tuesday, December 1: Full Cyber Monday results
- Tuesday, December 8: First week of December data and November SSS
- Tuesday, December 15: Second week of December data
- Tuesday, December 22: Third week of December data
- Friday, January 8, 2016: Full holiday results and December SSS