November 12, 2014 ChannelAdvisor Announces Same Store Sales Reporting Dates for 2014 Holiday Season
Research Triangle Park, NC – November 12, 2014 – ChannelAdvisor Corporation (NYSE:ECOM), a leading provider of cloud-based e-commerce solutions that enable retailers and manufacturers to increase global sales, today announced its Same Store Sales (SSS) reporting schedule for the 2014 holiday season. ChannelAdvisor’s SSS reports highlight transactional data for more than 2,700 retailers generating the billions of dollars in gross merchandise value (GMV) that flows through the ChannelAdvisor platform.
GMV represents the overall volume of product sales made on a particular channel. Each year, ChannelAdvisor tracks the GMV for Amazon, eBay, Google Shopping, comparison shopping engines and paid search channels during the five days from Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday — the Cyber Five. These reports are used to measure the impact each channel is having on e-commerce during the industry’s busiest time of year.
“The ChannelAdvisor SSS reports serve as a benchmark for our customers and the industry so they can make educated business decisions about where to sell their products,” said Scot Wingo, ChannelAdvisor CEO. “The data captured by our software is different from survey-based findings because we report actual transactional numbers for thousands of global retailers across multiple online channels.”
During the holidays, ChannelAdvisor also tracks mobile numbers to compare web traffic, order percentage and conversion rates on tablets and mobile phones. The mobile data is driven by paid search sites and comparison shopping engines only and does not include marketplaces.
“Many online retailers are having, or already had, their ‘mobile moment,’ meaning the moment when their mobile traffic surpasses desktop traffic,” said Wingo. “Last year we saw 40 percent of web traffic come from tablets and smartphones during the holidays. It will be interesting to see if it reaches 50 percent this year. Retailers that have prepared for the holiday season by enhancing their mobile shopping experience will likely see a much higher mobile conversion rate this holiday season.”
Below are the dates when ChannelAdvisor will publish holiday SSS data, as well as the results each report will cover:
- Thursday, November 27: Early read on Thanksgiving Day results
- Friday, November 28: Complete Thanksgiving Day results and an early read on Black Friday
- Saturday, November 29: Black Friday results
- Sunday, November 30: Cyber Saturday results
- Monday, December 1: Cyber Sunday results and early read on Cyber Monday
- Tuesday, December 2: Complete Cyber Monday results and Cyber Five updates
- Monday, December 8: November SSS, first week of December results and holiday year to date (YTD)
- Monday, December 15: Second week of December results and holiday YTD
- Monday, December 22: Third week of December results and Holiday YTD
- Wednesday, January 7: December SSS and holiday wrap-up