April 16, 2015 ChannelAdvisor Announces 2015 Spring Release
E-Commerce Software Company’s Latest Product Update Helps Retailers Scale Smarter
Research Triangle Park, NC – April 16, 2015 (Click to Tweet) – ChannelAdvisor Corporation (NYSE:ECOM), a leading provider of cloud-based e-commerce solutions that enable retailers and manufacturers to increase global sales, today announced new features that help retailers scale their products, markets and customers. The ChannelAdvisor 2015 Spring Release includes updates that can help retailers sell more efficiently in Europe and Latin America, optimize product listings by promoting bundles as variation listings, increase profit margins on eBay, track essential data to improve their strategies on Amazon and other marketplaces, and much more.
“It’s challenging for retailers to keep pace with the increased complexities in e-commerce,” said Link Walls, ChannelAdvisor vice president of product management. “With a focus on providing a broader reach, greater flexibility and smarter technology, our Spring Release helps retailers scale their online businesses without overextending their resources. Sellers can use these new functionalities to help stay ahead of the competition and avoid plateauing.”
ChannelAdvisor’s 2015 Spring Release helps retailers scale smarter by providing:
A Broader Reach
- ChannelAdvisor is helping its U.S. customers expand to Latin America through its support of MercadoLibre’s Cross-Border Trade (CBT) program. This program helps retailers sell into Latin America through solutions for international logistics, payments, translation and customer service.
- ChannelAdvisor’s centralized inventory and order management helps retailers add up-and-coming marketplace Jet.com with relative ease. Additionally, the ChannelAdvisor Categorizer suite now includes the Jet Categorizer, which automatically assigns categories to retailers’ products on Jet by looking at how those products are categorized on other marketplaces.
- ChannelAdvisor is enabling retailers to use Facebook’s dynamic product ads from within its platform. Using ChannelAdvisor’s Data Transformation Engine, retailers can create, schedule and send a product feed to Facebook from the ChannelAdvisor platform and target consumers with ads on any device.
- ChannelAdvisor Marketplaces now gives retailers more options to tap new sources of demand through its support of eBay Austria and eBay Switzerland.
- ChannelAdvisor’s new Bundles with Variations feature lets retailers list bundles as variation listings, as well as optimize the browsing process by consolidating all the product options within one primary listing. Promoting items in a variation format shows buyers similar items that come in different colors, sizes or other options.
- ChannelAdvisor’s Customizable Invoice Templates enable retailers to tailor follow-up messages to each customer, on each marketplace, after they make a purchase. The invoice templates can also be used on a retailer’s webstore.
- The new ChannelAdvisor Order Consolidator sets a window of time when eBay orders from the same buyer address will automatically be detected and combined for packaging and shipping. This prevents retailers from spending time packaging separate orders, and helps retailers save money on shipping costs by shipping one package instead of multiple to a single buyer.
- ChannelAdvisor has expanded its eBay Categorizer functionality for all eBay interfaces. The Categorizer will ask eBay to suggest an eBay category value for products that are new to the marketplace — and the value is then stored in the product details when the seller uses any eBay interface.
- ChannelAdvisor’s Product Performance and Pricing Insights for Amazon gives retailers access to report insights showing best-selling products and Buy Box ownership. Retailers can gather details on a specific product through the SKU-level Product Performance and Pricing View, so they can tweak their strategies for optimal performance on Amazon.
The 2015 Spring Release also introduces unified, retail-centric support for Google’s Shopping campaigns. Titled the “Four C’s of Google Shopping,” the framework can help retailers increase the profitability of their Shopping campaigns through content, campaign structure, correct bidding and cross-channel analytics.
Additionally, ChannelAdvisor Marketplaces has introduced new widgets to help retailers track global destinations for every single package and understand which locales have the greatest demand. Not only do these insights help retailers know where to expand, but they can also direct their logistics planning so they place fulfillment centers strategically close to buyers to improve shipping speed and efficiency.
Apparel, shoes and accessories retailer Street Moda was able to use the Order Consolidator while it was in beta, and the company is already seeing the benefits of this new functionality.
“Since October 2014, ChannelAdvisor has successfully consolidated 713 of our eBay orders, resulting in cost savings of over $6,500,” said Sara Taylor, general operations manager at Street Moda. “Shipping orders together lessens customer confusion and results in fewer emails and phone calls. Combining orders also saves the warehouse time when shipping. We previously attempted to manually combine orders, which was very time-consuming and never 100 percent accurate.”
For more information and to learn about other functionalities included in the Spring Release, register for the ChannelAdvisor Spring Release 2015 webinar by visiting http://bit.ly/ECOMtech.