Live blogging Sears Marketplace talk @ US Catalyst 2011
Imran Jooma, SVP+President of Sears online is talking this am about the marketplace at Sears. We are live blogging the highlights of his talk.
(editorial note – Monday we announced an early access program for ChannelAdvisor customers to start selling on Sears – details are here)
Imran is taking the stage. Wants to introduce us to a friend named Bob. Bob is an online seller that sells bobble heads.
He showed a video in the style of the latest Sears ads.
- How many of you want to expand customer base: 100%
- How many want to boost your business: 100%
If you are ready to go BIG, sears can help. Consumers trust brands and Sears has great brands such as craftsman, kenmore, etc.
Sears also has millions of visitors. A little extra work gets you up on the sears marketplace. Sears is one of the fastest growing e-commerce sites and marketplace is a big part of their success
Why did Sears start a marketplace?
Sears is built on two principles:
- Choice – selection
- Convenience – make it easy for consumers to find things from one place -sears They offer more shipping options than anyone: store, shipping, home delivery.
Three programs for Sears sellers
- Sell on Sears
- Sell through Sears (FBA-like)
- Advertise on Sears
Details (more available here at Sears)
- Sell on Sears – $39/m plus a per-category % of sales (no listing fees) You can see the rate card here. You ship the item.
- Sell Through Sears – Sears ships the item on your behalf – $39/m plus fulfilment costs.
- Advertise on Sears - CPC program (ProductAds-esque) – pushes consumers to your website.
Sears is offering CA Catalyst attendees no monthly fees for six months – Catalyst EXCLUSIVE
Q: Is this available in Canada?
A: Not yet, but stay tuned.
Q: Some people have had challenges with another company stealing data and cutting the seller out – What is your stance on that?
A: We understand the sensitivity, our commitment is that we are customer centric and we will treat you as a partner+customer. We have an advisory board that takes this type of feedback so we can work with you.
SeekingAlpha disclaimer: I am long Google and Amazon. eBay is an investor in ChannelAdvisor. Sears is a partner of ChannelAdvisor.